Plain Text Version Accessible Here: http://handbasketproductions.com/intern.htm
This is a contract position for 5-10 hrs/week over a three month period starting in September, with the possibility for extension. Compensation will be $100 a month. Additionally, depending on individual interest, there are opportunities for mentorship in areas like running a small business, video production and queer/trans politics.
Application deadline: Sunday September 9th
- Being located in or near Seattle (preferred, not required)
- Attention to detail
- Organizational skill
- Basic computer proficiency
- Additional computer skill, especially website design or photo and video editing
- Knowledge or skill with Adobe Photoshop
- Writing experience or training
Please also note if you have experience in photography, lighting, video production, sound, or video editing software
The main job responsibilities will focus on schedule coordinating, emailing, writing updates and announcements, data entry, organizing work plans and to-do lists, mailings, social media, preparing video and still image files for editing and reviewing footage. Secondary responsibilities are based on interest and could include website maintenance, minor video editing, and/or on site production assistance.
- What interests you in this position?
- How do you envision this internship best benefiting you and your goals?
- What is your experience with trans community, activism and organizing?
- What skills and experience makes you a good fit for this internship?
- Are there any significant skills and experience you have to offer that could benefit our organization in ways not specifically covered by this position (for example, website design, finance and accounting, graphic design, or media production)?
- How did you hear about this position?
Please provide references, paying particular note to people in trans and/or sex positive community and activism (hint: take a look at mutual facebook friends with Tobi Hill-Meyer).
Please send application materials including cover letter, answers to questions, references, and resume (optional) to Tobi@HandbasketProductions.com